I showed off another sonic screwdriver...
Had some live videos...
I did a talk On Steampunk - what I love, costuming, writing and history... and what if?[embed]https://youtu.be/DW6S2OSoe6s[/embed]
and Lynne's did a talk on Australian Steampunk Writers (and cosplay and writing).[embed]https://youtu.be/329B0kKzpSo[/embed]
I'll be posting two more videos from the day on my youTube channel. Thanks to everyone who participated. Thanks for sharing your stories and photos.
Here's a list of the steampunk forum/webpages compiled on the day:
- Steampunk Dominion (refugees from Steampunk Empire) http://thesteampunkdominion.ning.com / https://www.facebook.com/groups/1276453745780039
- Steampunk Writers and Artists Guild.(SWG) http://steampunkwriters.ning.com/
- Steampunk Writer’s Library https://www.facebook.com/groups/SteampunkWritersLibrary/
- Steampunk South Australia https://www.facebook.com/groups/386014630031/
- Reddit Steampunk https://www.reddit.com/r/steampunk/
- Brass Goggles http://brassgoggles.co.uk/
- Steampunk Sunday Queensland Australia https://www.facebook.com/SteampunkSunday/
- Steampunk Tendencies https://www.facebook.com/SteampunkTendencies
- Queensland – steampunk events Steampunk Affaires https://www.facebook.com/groups/1673295336234933/
- The Talk of Punk Fiction: https://www.writing.com/.../2117337-The-Talk-of-Punk-Fiction
- Rail Baron https://therailbaron.wordpress.com/
- Ged Maybury: https://steamedup.wordpress.com/
- Steampunk Scholar: http://steampunkscholar.blogspot.com.au/
- Travelers steampunk blog http://daily-steampunk.com/steampunk-blog/
- Airship Ambassador http://www.airshipambassador.com/
- Beyond Victoriana https://beyondvictoriana.com/
- Steampunk India: http://www.steampunkindia.com/
- French Steampunk https://www.facebook.com/frenchsteampunk
- German Steampunk site: http://clockworker.de/cw/page/2/
- Steampunk Canada: http://www.steampunkcanada.ca/
- Steampunk Worlds Fair http://steampunkworldsfair.com/blogs/
If you have a favourite steampunk forum or webpage, please let us know in the comments.
I used 25 mm cotton bias to edge the top and bottom of the corset. Finally the grommets were inserted (these are size 0, black). Again, an awl is used to create the hole, to avoid breaking threads.
And here is the final creation - my new pirate map under-the-bust corset. Thanks to Lynne, of the Australian Costumers' Guild for her assistance in fitting. Now to see if I can get a second one finished before the con. Come by my table at Oz Comic Con to find out.
Photos © 2017 Karen Carlisle.