Shorter Works – Anthologies, Features, Competitions:
- With a Twist of the Nib. Short story collection – fantasy, science fiction and steampunk.
- All That Glitters. Short story featured in anthology, Den of Antiquity, 2016. ISBN: 978-0995276727 Proceeds go to Red Cross.
- Hunted. (short story, featured in A Trail of Tales exhibition – part of The Adelaide Fringe). 2016
- Flash fiction, Right on Time, featured in the short story anthology, Denizens of Steam. 2015. ISBN: 9781311741042
- An Eye for Detail (Australian Literature Review, June 2013. Shortlisted.)
Shorter Works – Online:
This list comprises Short Stories, Flash Fiction (under 1000 words) and Micofiction (under 300 words) published online.
- Enjoying the View. (Flash fiction, 5 Word Challenge from Words Out Loud, pbafm (Adelaide) February, 2017)
- Dagnal’s Bane (Flash fiction inspired by D&D session. January, 2017)
- Cubicle #6 (challenge by Chuck Wendig – Terrible Minds. 1000 words. July, 2016)
- Journal de la lumière (part of The Wizard of St Giles series) (challenge by Chuck Wendig – Terrible Minds. 1500 words. June, 2016)
- Derailed (challenge by Chuck Wendig – Terrible Minds. 1500 words. May, 2016)
- Jeremy Pocket and the See-Through Wall (challenge by Chuck Wendig – Terrible Minds. 1300 words. May, 2016)
- Boys and Bones (challenge by Chuck Wendig – Terrible Minds /less than week, 1000 words- April, 2016)
- Curiosity… (challenge by Chuck Wendig – Terrible Minds /less than week, 1000 words- Jan, 2015)
- The Story and the Writer (short story published on Live Journal, 2013)
- The Woman in Black (poem published on Off the Artboard, 2013)
- Blood Moon Rising (349 words) (part of The Wizard of St Giles series)
- Mum’s Theory on Cats (100 words)
- Lost – 357 words
- Snow Peas
- At Aunt Enid’s
- Heartbroken (24/3/17)
Story Line Battles:
(For fun and great for writers block busting: I write a line or two, then my cohort does etc.)
- Kitty Vs the Zombies (escaping zombies with Alonya Cullinan (A) as my partner in prose)
- Neville the Frog. (a love story with Alonya Cullinan (A) as my partner in prose)
- Moving Day (Moving day can be stressful when it is unexpected. – Fantasy with Alonya Cullinan (A) as my partner in prose.)
All works (c) Karen J Carlisle.
All rights reserved.
Contact Karen if you would like to use any of her stories.